If you are new to social media or are only dabbling in Facebook you might be feeling like this topic is in the “too hard basket”. Believe me you cannot ignore it. Like anything if you want to really understand it you need to invest time in yourself to do just that. If you don’t you could end up not reaching a potential market or spending money advertising on social media targeting the wrong market or no one at all. First thing you need to know is where you target market is hanging out.
5 things you need to know
- Who are they?- male/ female, location
- What do they do? Job, hobby etc
- Where do they hang out? Instagram, FB, Snapchat, Google etc NB: If your product/service appeals to 60+ you will have a different strategy to those who are teenagers.
- What do they really want? What is their problem? What is their passion?
- What’s stopping them from getting it? Time/ Money, Knowledge etc
Do this exercise and then read the next blog post in this series- Social Media trends
Anywhere Team NZ